The Park Theatre - Painesville, Ohio

From the sign on Stanton Lincoln-Mercury, this photo appears to be from around 1952.  The Park Theatre closed a year or two later. Stanton's moved as well, changing hands as owner Bill Stanton entered politics in the mid-1950's, becoming a US Congressman in 1965. Krogers relocated to the new Painesville Shopping Center, which was just outside of the city limits on Mentor Ave. near the Fairgrounds.

Today, this southeast corner of the park is the site of Victoria Place.  To the right is a new block of stores and food establishments.

 

Copyright © 2014 - John G. Walter - All Rights Reserved Washington, DC - USA
Visual Artist - Writer - Internet Entrepreneur 202-517-9102